Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Bloom's taxonomy

1. Knowledge: Describe what happened in the pool room?

In the pool room Gus, G.H., Jack and Bigger were talking about robbing Blum’s deli, Bigger told Gus he was afraid to rob Blum because he was white. They started fighting and Bigger made Gus lick his knife. When everyone left Bigger went home feeling guilty about the situation.

2. Comprehension: What was Richard Allen’s main idea about the rat in the house?

His main idea was to show the living conditions of blacks in the 1930’s and how they lived in poverty.

3. Application: Do you know another instance where black boys live I poverty?

Another instance where black boys live in poverty, is the Philadelphia projects. They live amongst rats, roaches, and pissy hallways.

4. Analysis: If Mary’s bones were never found what might the ending have been?

If Mary’s bones were never found, for one Bigger would not be on the run. Secondly he probably would not have been blamed for her disappearance or been killed for it. As a result he probably would have lived life not fearing the white man again.

5. Synthesis: Can you see a possible solution for Bigger killing Mary?

Well if I were Bigger I would have done two things. First I would of let Mrs. Dalton know I was in her presence when she walked in the room. Second I would have accepted the consequences and not run away. In the end things would have turned out better.

6. Evaluation: If you were Bidders mother how would you have handled your son’s death?

As Bigger’s mother I wouldn’t be able to deal with his death. First I would just be miserable and stuck on it, then I guess I would just remember all the good about him. Although the hurt would linger I would have to move on and accept that he was in a better place.

No comments: